Our measures to support accessibility
Texas Department of Transportation takes the following measures to ensure the accessibility of this website:
Include accessibility as a requirement for all web content.
- Content must meet WCAG 2.0 A, and should meet AA as feasible.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Ensure content authors have accessibility knowledge and skills.
- Include accessibility as part of our mission.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Usability test with participants with disabilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standard defines requirements to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. “Fully conforms” means that the content meets all of the WCAG requirements at the specified Level without exceptions.
Texas Department of Transportation website content posted since June 2020 fully conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level A. It partially conforms to Level AA.
Older content conforms to earlier versions of WCAG, for example, WCAG 2.0. Most of the older content is archived and will not be updated.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Texas Department of Transportation website is designed to be compatible with assistive technologies and the last two versions of major browsers.
The website is not designed for Internet Explorer 11 and earlier versions.
The Texas Department of Transportation website relies upon the following technologies for conformance with WCAG 2.1:
The following technologies are used to improve accessibility and the user experience for everyone:
Limitations and alternatives
- Access to YouTube is required to view some videos.
- PDFs and downloads are not currently accessible
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Texas Department of Transportation website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers.
We usually respond to accessibility feedback from e-mail within 5-10 business days.