Date: May 10, 2021 to June 10, 2021
Time: 9 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Project: I-35 Capital Express North
The virtual public hearing and in-person option dates and times indicated below.
The virtual public hearing will be available beginning Monday, May 10 at 9 a.m. through Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Comments received or postmarked by June 10, 2021 will be included in the official hearing record.
In addition, TxDOT is providing an option for individuals who would like to participate in-person instead of online. In-person attendees will be able to view the same presentation delivered in the online public hearing which will be playing on a screen, review hard copies of project materials, ask questions of TxDOT staff and/or consultants from a socially distanced approach, and leave written comments. The in-person option will be held on Monday, May 10, 2021 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the TxDOT Austin District Office, 7901 N. I-35, Austin, Texas 78753. Attendance at the in-person option will be by appointment only. Individuals wishing to attend in-person must call (512) 522-6949 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, to make an appointment.
The Texas Department of Transportation is holding a public hearing to discuss improvements to I-35 from SH 45 North to US 290 East. The purpose of the public hearing is to receive public comment on the draft environmental assessment (EA) and the recommended alternative for improvements on the I-35 Capital Express North project.
The proposed improvements include:
- adding one non-tolled high-occupancy managed lane in each direction along I-35 from SH 45 North to US 290 East;
- reconstructing six bridges;
- constructing a Diverging Diamond Intersection at Wells Branch Parkway;
- adding bicycle and pedestrian paths; and
- making additional safety and mobility improvements.
How to make a comment:
For both the virtual public hearing and in-person option, the public may provide comments in the following ways:
Leave a recorded voicemail at (512) 721-2832 with your verbal testimony starting on Monday, May 10 at 9 a.m. The access is available 24 hours a day through Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
Written comments can be submitted the following ways until Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.:
Mail: Fillable Comment Form *print double-sided
Fillable Comment Form (Español) *imprimir en ambos lados
Michelle Cooper, P.E., TxDOT I-35 Capital Express North Project Manager
1608 W. 6th Street
Austin, TX 78703
Email: As described in the Notice
The virtual public hearing will be conducted in English. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. If you need interpretation or translation services or you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend and participate in the virtual public hearing, please contact Nic Barbera at (512) 766-3472 no later than 4 p.m. CDT, Wednesday, May 5, 2021. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for the Texas Department of Transportation to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
- Display Ad
- Display Ad (Español)
- Draft Environmental Assessment
- Fact Sheet
- Fact Sheet (Español)
- I-35 Capital Express North Public Hearing Video Presentation (English)
- I-35 Capital Express North Public Hearing Video Presentation (Español)
- Notice (Español)
- Air Quality Assessment
- Archeological Background Study
- Biological Resources Documentation
- Community Impact Assessment Report
- Documentation of Public Meeting #1
- Documentation of Public Meeting #2
- Documentation of Public Meeting #3
- Hazardous Materials Initial Site Assessment and Design Change Memo
- Historic Resources Documentation
- Indirect Effects Report
- Surface Water Analysis Form and Design Change Memo
- Traffic Noise Analysis Report
TxDOT Austin District
P.O. Box 15426
Austin, TX 78761-5426