Date: Dec 3, 2020 to Dec 18, 2020
Time: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Project: I-35 Capital Express South
Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020, at 9 a.m. through Friday, Dec. 18, 2020.
The purpose of the virtual stakeholder meeting is to gather input on proposed improvements on I-35 from SH 71/Ben White Boulevard to SH 45 Southeast.
The I-35 Capital Express South project proposes adding two non-tolled managed lanes in each direction along I-35 from SH 71/Ben White Boulevard to SH 45 Southeast. The project also includes various operational and safety enhancements that would reconstruct bridges, eliminate five mainlane merges and improve east/west connections over or under I-35.
The virtual stakeholder meeting will provide an update on the project design since the last public open house held in
October 2019. Design changes include:
- Elevating managed lanes between SH 71/Ben White Boulevard and Slaughter Lane.
- Constructing a southbound I-35 intersection bypass lane at Stassney Lane and William Cannon Drive.
- Adding 2.5 miles of auxiliary lanes for entering and exiting traffic.
- Constructing braided northbound entrance and exit ramps at Slaughter Lane
- Widening the northbound and southbound I-35 frontage roads to three lanes south of Slaughter Lane.
Input on the project can be submitted via online survey, email, voicemail or mail.
- Survey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/CapitalExpressSouth
- Email: email@example.com
- Voicemail: (512) 501-5451
- Mail: Matthew Cho, P.E., TxDOT Austin District, P.O. 15426, Austin, TX 78761-5426
- I-35 Capital Express South fact sheet (English)
- I-35 Capital Express South fact sheet (Español)
- I-35 Capital Express South Virtual Stakeholder Meeting presentation (English) – Dec. 3-Dec. 18. 2020
- I-35 Capital Express South Virtual Stakeholder Meeting presentation (Español) – Dec. 3-Dec. 18. 2020
- I-35 Capital Express South Virtual Stakeholder Meeting video (English) – Dec. 3-Dec. 18. 2020
- I-35 Capital Express South Virtual Stakeholder Meeting video (Español) – Dec. 3-Dec. 18. 2020
- Typical Section 1 – Dec. 3-Dec. 18, 2020
- Typical Section 2 – Dec. 3-Dec. 18, 2020