Date: March 11, 2021 to April 9, 2021
Project: I-35 Capital Express Central
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting is a virtual public scoping meeting and is available via the My35CapEx.com website.
Due to weather-related outages, TxDOT rescheduled Virtual Public Scoping Meeting #2 to Thursday, March 11 through Friday, April 9, 2021. All comments must be received on or before April 9, 2021. This will be a virtual public scoping meeting via a pre-recorded video presentation.
The purpose of the second virtual public scoping meeting is to provide stakeholders an opportunity to view the project presentation and provide comments on:
- How alternatives will be analyzed
- Coordination plan and schedule
- Project purpose and need
- Range of alternatives
All interested persons are invited to attend this virtual public scoping meeting to review the project materials and provide feedback. All comments must be received on or before April 9, 2021, to be a part of the official virtual public scoping meeting record.
The proposed improvements include adding two non-tolled managed lanes in each direction along I-35 from US 290 East to SH 71/Ben White Boulevard, with additional flyovers at I-35 and US 290 East. The proposed project also includes various operational and safety enhancements that optimize the roadway footprint and would reconstruct ramps, bridges and intersections; improve frontage roads; improve bicycle and pedestrian paths and accommodate transit routes.
The virtual public scoping meeting will be conducted in English. If you need an interpreter or document translator because English is not your primary language or you have difficulty communicating effectively in English, one will be provided to you. If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. If you need interpretation or translation services, or you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend and participate in the virtual public scoping meeting, please contact Nic Barbera at (512) 766-3472 no later than 4 p.m. CT, Friday, March 5, 2021. Please be aware that advance notice is required as some services and accommodations may require time for TxDOT to arrange.
Memorandum of Understanding:
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried out by TxDOT pursuant to 23. U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated Dec. 9, 2019, and executed by FHWA and TxDOT.
Downloads and links:
- Display Ad
- I-35 Capital Express Central fact sheet (English)
- I-35 Capital Express Central fact sheet (Español)
- Virtual Public Scoping Meeting #1 information
- Virtual Scoping Meeting #1 Comment Themes
- I-35 Capital Express Central Virtual Public Scoping Meeting #2 presentation (English)
- I-35 Capital Express Central Virtual Public Scoping Meeting #2 presentation (Español)
- Draft Alternatives Evaluation Criteria (English)
- Draft Alternatives Evaluation Criteria (Español)
- Range of Alternatives Draft Technical Report
- Purpose and Need Draft Technical Report
- Draft Agency Coordination Plan